Thursday, December 8, 2011

The REAL Final Post

Since my first final post was basically a summary of my experience in this class, I'll make this one about my group's final project.

I don't usually enjoy group projects, but this class has altered my view on group work. I think this has happened because we were grouped at the beginning of class and got to stick with the same people the entire semester. That really helped meld our group together into a fully-functioning team. It didn't take long at all for us to figure out a way in which to work together and the strengths and weaknesses of one another.  It also didn't take long for us to establish an atmosphere of equality and democracy in which everyone was expected to contribute and have a voice in the final decisions we made as a group. This was something I really appreciated about our group because I like for everyone to be a part of group work and to contribute.

I really had a good time working with the members of my group on this project. Not only did I learn a lot about organizational leadership at the Marriott - which was very interesting - but I also learned a lot about the concepts of this class from my group member and from working in a group. Looking back, being in the group really was a great case study in and of itself.

No comments:

Post a Comment